|Mazin Emperor G|
|Power Source||Photonic Energy/Getter Radiation Hybrid Engine (Super Robot Wars V)|
|Notable moves||Rust Typhoon, Great Smasher Punch, Emperor Blade, Great Blaster, Thunder Bolt Breaker, and Emperor Sword|
Mazin Emperor G (マジンエンペラーG) made its debut as an upgrade for the Great Mazinger in Super Robot Wars V. To promote Super Robot Wars V, Mazin Emperor was released as an action figure for the Chogokin action figure line by Bandai.
Mazin Emperor G's appearance is similar to the Great Mazinger, but its chest fin and antenna are bigger. Its Scrander, known as "Emperor Aureole", appears to be a cape made up of six feather-like sections, which can combine to form a powerful rocket thruster. In Super Robot Wars, Emperor G has pupils in its eyes.
Based on the Great Mazinger, Mazin Emperor G was designed to act as a deterrent against the threat of Mazinger ZERO. In addition to its Photonic Power engine, it also incorporates Getter Ray technology from the Saotome Laboratory. Because of this, its power output rivals that of Mazinger ZERO's.
While fighting Mazinger ZERO in the Geofront, Tetsuya self-destructs the Great Mazinger in an attempt to destroy ZERO and atone for his sins. As it turns out, Tetsuya has been pushing Great Mazinger to its limits when he fought with the others.
He somehow survives the attempt, leaving him at the mercy of ZERO, which was completely undamaged by the Great's self-destruction. A mysterious voice tells him not to give up hope, and Mazin Emperor G appears. Tetsuya boards the mecha and proclaims its name to the others there. Ryoma Nagare is even jealous that Tetsuya decided to keep Mazin Emperor a secret from the others until that very moment.
With Mazin Empreror G, Awakened EVA-01 and Shin Getter Robo's strength, they were able to tame ZERO and get it back under Koji's control. With ZERO on their side, they easily destroyed the 10th Angel and the Gardim forces that followed.
In a DLC Scenario, a Kedora manages to hijack Mazin Emperor G. Koji decides to return Tetsuya's favor by helping Mazin Emperor G break free with the Getter Team's assistance. However, the Kedora summons its friends, which get easily decimated.
Abilities and EquipmentEdit
- Rust Typhoon: Mazin Emperor G fires off a trio of Great Typhoons at its foe.
- Great Smasher Punch: Mazin Emperor G sprouts blades from both of its hands, makes the blades spin rapidly, and launches the hands at its foe. In comparison to the original Drill Pressure Punch, the holes created by Great Smasher Punch are much bigger.
- Emperor Blade: Like Great Mazinger, Mazin Emperor G keeps swords in its hidden leg compartments. Mazin Emperor G can duel-wield them or merge them into a bifurcated sword.
- Great Blaster: Mazin Emperor G reveals another chest fin and extends the original chest fin to the sides. Mazin Emperor G proceeds to fire a gigantic stream of thermal energy at its foe.
- Thunder Bolt Breaker: Mazin Emperor G raises a hand and surrounds itself in a tornado. When that tornado dissipates, Mazin Emperor G is holding a sphere made of pure electricity. Mazin Emperor G points at its foe and fires the sphere of electricity as a mighty beam. Mazin Emperor G strikes a pose once the move is done.
- Emperor Sword: Mazin Emperor G slams its fists together, causing the ground to crack underneath it and making a big claymore land in a big crash. Mazin Emperor G picks up the blade and activates the Emperor Aureole. Mazin Emperor G speeds off towards its foe and cuts them up with lightning-fast slashes, which somehow causes a massive explosion. Mazin Emperor G strikes a pose with the Emperor Sword if this lands a dynamic kill.
- Mazin Emperor G is likely based off of Great Mazinkaiser from the Shin Mazinger ZERO vs. Great General of Darkness manga, which for some reason could not be included into the game.
- Mazin Emperor G using a Getter Radiation/Photonic Energy Hybrid Engine in Super Robot Wars V could be a reference to Mazinkaiser being an evolution of Mazinger Z created with the Getter Rays in Super Robot Wars F Final.